Better Investing: Investing Resources and Tools To Help You Reach Your Financial Goals
At Ridgewood Investments, our advisors pride themselves on always continuing to seek out new knowledge about investments and the financial industry. Whether you are a new or an experienced investor, expanding your investing knowledge is essential. New investment options, shifting market conditions, and planning for various life stages necessitate keeping up no matter how extensive your base knowledge. Below are some resources that can help you grow your investing expertise and plan for tomorrow.
Resources to Build Your Background Knowledge
“I constantly see people rise in life who are not the smartest, sometimes not even the most diligent, but they are learning machines. They go to bed every night a little wiser than they were when they got up and boy does that help, particularly when you have a long run ahead of you.” ~ Charlie Munger
A thorough understanding of investment basics is key to building an investment portfolio that will stand the test of time. Great investors read constantly about different types of investments, the history of investing, and growing their understanding across the board.
Below are some resources that might be helpful to you in developing your investment knowledge if you are willing to put in the time and effort:
- A Few Lessons for Investors and Managers From Warren Buffett edited by Peter Bevelin
- Poor Charlie’s Almanack: The Wit and Wisdom of Charles T. Munger edited by Peter D. Kaufman
- Security Analysis: Sixth Edition, Foreword by Warren Buffett by Benjamin Graham
- Supermoney by Adam Smith
- The Intelligent Investor: The Definitive Book on Value Investing by Benjamin Graham
- The Little Book of Common Sense Investing by John C. Bogle
- The SEC has basic definitions and tutorials on investing basics at Investor.gov
- Gain basic knowledge on a wide variety of topics at Investopedia.com.
- Bankrate’s Investing Resources includes short articles on investing topics
- Morningstar’s Investment Classroom offers free self-study of beginner to advanced topics
- TD Ameritrade’s Immersive Curriculum dives into some more advanced topics, such as futures trading
- Ridgewood Investment’s Insights blog includes new articles posted regularly on investing strategies, practical considerations, and more
Podcasts and Videos